DBW throttle smoothing.

Use this forum to discuss all things GEMS.

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

incy-spider
New User
DBW throttle smoothing.

Post by incy-spider » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Is there anyway to smooth out my throttle on my Gen90 ecu, get a momentary flat spot when accelerating off from low rpm using the GEN tuner pro software on my Renault Clio 182

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: DBW throttle smoothing.

Post by RickS » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 am

Without seeing the calibration and details of the version number, it would be difficult but I would have thought that your Active T Target graph/grid needs a little adjustment. Or there maybe a small 'dip' in the fuelling Map.

Why don't you have a word with K-Tec at info (at) k-tecracing (dot) com as they will probably have more details as this is their product.

Best regards,
RickS

incy-spider
New User

Post by incy-spider » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks for your help, they don't seem to know the answer... They are on the right lines with the active T settings though. I'm wondering which graph needs smoothing there are a few... MAX etc. Which one do you think I should be looking at? Thanks

Chris

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 am

Hi Chris,
Yes, there are a few and they do interact. Initially I'd look at the [Act T Target] Grid/Graph and ensure that it is pretty linear. Also make sure that parameter Act T Demand rises accordingly at a smooth rate.

If you want to send the calibration to tech(dot)support (at) gems.co.uk, I will try to take a look and make some recommendations. Probably won't be this side of Christmas though.

Best regards,
Rick

incy-spider
New User

Post by incy-spider » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks Rick that would be very helpful, I'll double check the graphs you suggest later tonight.. Such a small niggle in the grand scheme of things but knowing it can be fixed is painful! No problem as of when you can take a look either, do you have a direct email to send the file?

Chris

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 am

It would be better to send to the tech.support email address, as this one gets monitored in my absence.......

BR, Rick

goodone
New User

Post by goodone » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for that help, really did work for me.

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Glad to be of assistance.
RickS