GWv4 - ETHERNET ECU Simulator

Post here if you require technical information regarding a GEMS product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

d.sichrovsky
New User
GWv4 - ETHERNET ECU Simulator

Post by d.sichrovsky » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:49 am

Dear Support,

I would like to ask a question about ETHERNET ECU Simulator. I recently bought the GEMs ECU and since I am a software engineer I am keen to get the data from the ECU for later analysis. For that I am trying to make a small console program and I would like to test it first with Simulator. When I run GWv4 - ETHERNET ECU Simulator it generates nicely all parameters but I do not know how to communicate on which port / which data to send / or to receive from the simulator. Is there any documentation I could get from you in order to make it running?

Thank you

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: GWv4 - ETHERNET ECU Simulator

Post by RickS » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:53 am

Good morning...
What particular ECU do you have (Serial Number would be useful) and what data are you trying to analyse and have you already created a suitable .STF file..?

If you wish to view logged engine parameters, I would suggest that you use either the PC logging facility or the on-board logging feature. If you are only wanting to analyse Ethernet comms traffic, I will have a word with our software developers regarding this query and post my findings here but I suspect that this is not for general release.

Best regards,
RickS

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: GWv4 - ETHERNET ECU Simulator

Post by RickS » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:46 pm

*** Update ***
Unfortunately, this is crossing into proprietary information and cannot be released. Apologies.

RickS