EM20ZETA

Post here if you require technical information regarding a GEMS product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

robi1000
New User
EM20ZETA

Post by robi1000 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 am

Hello,

I recently purchased a Peugeot rally car with EM20ZETA ECU fitted. I'd like to perform a remap, because current map is not much more than a base map. What exactly is needed to remap this ECU and where can I purchase it (there is no GEMS distributer for Slovenia)?

Thanks,
Robert

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: EM20ZETA

Post by RickS » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Rob,
You really have two options.
i) You take it to be tuned to your nearest GEMS tuner. From our 'Reseller' list I guess it would be Ralliart in Italy (north of Milan) a bit of a trek. There probably are tuners familiar with GEMS closer to you but we are unaware of them. If you know of a tuner that you can work with or you plan to do the tuning/calibration yourself, you can......

ii) Obtain software, licence dongle and connecting cables from a Reseller or from 'sales' at gems co uk....... The software is downloadable from our website but you will need a licence dongle to access it. It may be worth contacting the person who sold you the vehicle and ask if he/she has the software, dongle and cable, which they are willing to sell to you. It will probably be cheaper that the cost of a new dongle and whatever cables you will require.

Hope that this helps and best regards,
RickS

PS. Although not available as downloads, we do have on archive definition and calibration files for this ECU.

robi1000
New User

Post by robi1000 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 am

We would really like to do the mapping in our workshop, so I'll have to buy the dongle and cable (seller of the car doesn't have them).

Who should I contact when I will need the definition and calibration files (you directly or someone else)?

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Apologies Robert. I've tried to reply to your PM but it's stuck in Outbox and won't send!

If you email your request to 'sales' at gems.co.uk, they will help you out. They will need to know the connections (USB/serial) that you have on your laptop/PC, so as to know what cable to send.

Email me at 'tech.support' (gems.co.uk) for .CAL and .GIN files

Best regards,
RickS