Fuel grid: from RAW to AFR

Post here if you require technical information regarding a GEMS product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

mechanic
New User
Fuel grid: from RAW to AFR

Post by mechanic » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Is it possible to rescale fuel map from raw values to AFR?? I want to see AFR, because it would be much easier for me, as every other ecu software, I have worked before, uses AFR instead of any values, which are hard to read, analyze and perceive in general..
I am Gww4 user.
What can you offer? :)

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Fuel grid: from RAW to AFR

Post by RickS » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Hello,

The actual fuel map you cannot rescale as AFR as this is dependant on many things and it is inaccurate to measure the MAF/MAP and AIT and plot the AFR on the fuel map. We have a couple of ways you can do it depending on which ECU you have. You should have a Lambda Target map. You can set this up as AFR rather then Lambda and turning Lambda wideband FB ON will allow you to tune to an AFR. Or you could use the Automapping feature on GWv4 if you want to change the fuel map to an AFR rather then using the ECU to constantly adjust the fuel map. I would suggest doing both. Firts automap with GWv4 and then set up the Lambda feedback and target maps. You also have a Lambda Log Map which shows the average AFR at all of your load and speed sites.

To set Lambda units to AFR go to Configure - Units then select the AFR units from the list. Remember you can Automap for Boost as well if needed.

Does this answer your question or does it just throw up more questions?

Thanks
Ed

mechanic
New User

Post by mechanic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 pm

EdH wrote: Does this answer your question or does it just throw up more questions?

Thanks
Ed
Are these functions ECU version/model/firmware dependent? I am looking at ECU fitted to Evo 6 with *.GIN file Lancer7 G.2.41. I can't find Target Lambda or Automapping feature :/

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 am

Hello,

Yes this is ECU dependant at the moment and the Lancer 7 G2.41 does not support this. It will be possible to build your own automapping at some point in the future with GWv4 so users can create it but we have not introduced this yet and it will be some time till we do as we are developing new data analysis software at the moment.

Be aware that when using the Lancer 7 ECU on the Lancer 6 pin D21 is a ground on the Lancer 6 ECU and The IC water spray active switch for the lancer 7 ECU. I believe this is the only difference in pin out. It should make no difference if you are not running IC spray but you might want to remove the pin to save problems if you do implement it.

Hope this helps
Ed

mechanic
New User

Post by mechanic » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:33 am

Thanks, Ed, you have just said all I wanted to hear.