evo9 v1.08 als N map switchable ?

Post here if you require technical information regarding a GEMS product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

jimarea51
User
evo9 v1.08 als N map switchable ?

Post by jimarea51 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi there

can you just confirm weather or not it is possible to have the als N mode switchable on /off or not ?
as i understand it. only full ALS mode is switchable with a togle switch ! and the N map is activated
by other engine and ecu conditions/ parameters ?
as i am trying to achieve a 2 stage ALS set up with a togle switch so that the road section map has no ALS active at all ?
as per my pectel T6 system

thanks jim

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: evo9 v1.08 als N map switchable ?

Post by RickS » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Dear Jim

Yes it is possible, The input pins for the switches are defined by the options 'ALS in pin' and 'ALS N in pin' the later being the one your interested in. hence ALS N can be activated by a toggle switch or other engine parameters.
Essentially you can have three ALS modes:

OFF
Mild/NORMAL (N)
and FULL

Hope this helps
Ed

jimarea51
User

Post by jimarea51 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:12 pm

thanks for that

we have tried this as you suggested and asigned switch 9 (pin-98) to als n map, we can monitor the input and see that, switch 9 is switching in the paramaters page , however when retard and cut figures are put in to the n tables it does not appear to be switched from the switch 9, and is in N mode constantly !!!!!!

please can you give me some set up paramters or a base map with the 2 stage ALS allready configured ?

thanks jim

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 am

Dear Jim,

Can you check that the Comprehensive ALS settings are set as of page 57 in the Lancer 8 and 9 manual downloadable from the website. If you want me to check your cal you could attach it and i will test it for you.

To Jim and anybody reading this post:
The Antilag controls on the GEMS system is very flexable meaning fuel limiters ignition limiters and retards can all be switched on and off depending on RPM, road speed, air temperature, EGT etc. As one can imagine this means many different options to be turned on or off if the user requires say the fuel limiter to be switched off after a certain road speed yet retain the ignition and retards. These options double when you consider a two stage anti-lag is used.
For most users this simply means setting up the FLMT and ILMT options etc as stated in the manual. But there is an explanation of how they work should the user require the use of these options.

Hope this helps
Ed

jimarea51
User

Post by jimarea51 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 pm

thanks for that ED

i have checked my cal file and i have the setting as for full ALS mode ,
i am confussed,,, as if i set my options to match the ALS N mode i only have the N mode active !!
how do i get the options to switch from on to off to change pbw mode ?
when ever i make any changes to the N maps ie, retard or fuel limit, this is applied regardles of the pbw switches positions,
this is what i would expect when the engine is running in the N map state !!

obviously i am missing something,, so if you could shed any light on this i would be greatfull

thanks jim

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Dear Jim,

could you attach you calibration so i can check it please.

Thanks
Ed