1991 legacy turbo ej22t

Post here if you require technical information regarding a GEMS product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

nico
New User
1991 legacy turbo ej22t

Post by nico » Fri May 18, 2007 12:11 pm

hello to everyone at gems.

I am in need of a engine management system for my vehicle, the vehicle is a 1991 legacy turbo "it does have a twist" in Canada we received a 2.2l turbo non intercooler sedan. Subaru's are mix and match wonders, the ecu that came in these cars can be tuned bye means of chip, but the stock ecu + maf has its limits.

now after explaining the vehicle I come to the wiring of the vehicle, it uses 2.2l shoc turbo motor with coil pack (wasted spark I think) the coils are not on the plugs in the heads like used for 94 to 96 Subaru wrx ej20g ver uk jdm. what did Subaru do the same with these to cars? they used the same wiring harness.

so both cars have the same plugs, there is 4 of them and are in yellow green color,

now bye all these importers importing uk or jdm cars in to Canada for parts I have seen allot of these ej20g 94 96 Subaru wrx ecu's and they use the same ecu's plugs, after some re search I found out that they are very similar here is the pin out for a Canadian Subaru legacy turbo http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~v/ecupins/.

now bye you looking at the pin outs from that page would you say that there is a way to make the gems 94 96 wrx ecu work in to my Subaru? now there is a couple brave souls that have tried to use ej20g uk jdm motors in to north American turbo legacys. now what every one runs in to is coil on plug and coil pack. could a gems ecu be set up to run on our north American Subaru legacy turbo cars?

is it as simple as swapping a single wire or much worse? i would also like a price for the unit and what i would need to get rid of the maf so i can run a little higher boost.

thank you nico
sti = subaru tecNICO international

RichA
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Subaru96

Post by RichA » Fri May 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Nico,

The only wiring issue I could find is your B48.5 MAP sensor ground, is the air temperature input on the GEMS Subaru96 issB ECU. I would suggest there is an air temperature sensor somewhere, ideally add one to sense plenum temp, since this can help with knock margin.
Although we have 4 independant ignition signals on F47.7 and F47.8, the calibration can be set for Spark_Teeth = 2, for wasted spark mode.

RichA