Lancer V2.28

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

RainR
User
Lancer V2.28

Post by RainR » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi again,

Does this version support launch control and how can it be adjusted?

About knock noise table. Should I drive around without boost, just to see what kind of noise it makes and log that. And according to that then fill up the noise table? What is the most common noise table for knock?

Thank you and regards,
Rain

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Lancer V2.28

Post by RickS » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello,

Lancer 6 V2.28 does not have Launch conterol i'm afraid.

To set up the Knock noise table just drive around normally under low load and observe the knock raw parameter add about 25% onto this and put that value into the table. Knock is a lot noisier then the background noise so you have a large error margin.

Hope this helps
Ed

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:55 pm

As I understood, then knock raw PK is the peak value of knock raw.
When I logged the knock raw peak and knock raw parameters, then knock raw shows maximum 51 but Knock raw PK is showing 102. How can that be possible and which value should I look and is there some considerable knocking going on then, if it shows so high values?

I added 2 log file of those sessions, maeby you can have a look at it? How should I make the table?

Best regards,
Rain
Attachments
knock1.stf
(109.94KiB)Downloaded 803 times
knock3.stf
(32.53KiB)Downloaded 797 times

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Hello,

Yes Knock raw PK is the peak knock raw value. You can't see it on the logs because it requires very fast logging which is why the parameter exists. Because their is a large difference between your peak values and the consistent raw values it seems that you may have occasional spikes of noise possibly from knock however 102 is not particularly high (the scale goes to 255). I should have said log knock raw as fast as possible in the internal logging in the ECU and drive the car at low load. If in doubt add a bit of ignition retard just to make sure. When done look at the logged Knock raw and engine RPM. Add about 25% value to the knock raw and put the resulting value in the Knock table.

Hope this helps, if not please let me know
Ed

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Hello, I did some tests with this Knock raw PK. I tested it first at full power and it still showed PK value of 99, then I reduced ignition and added some fuel quite much and it still showed the same PK value. It even showed 116 once.
Is it possible, that it is hearing some other noise, not related to the knock?

Other thing is, on the log I see , that Spark adv is showing still the same values, as it did before changing the ignition table. Is the ADV mod the correct value to check for spark?

Also what kind of other values are useful to log when making some decisions.
At the moment I'm checking : Load, Engine speed, Fuel pulse, Injection, Air temp, Air flow, Battery, Coolant, FAF pulse, Inj adv mod, knock, Knock fuel, Knock raw, Knock rtd, Knock raw PK, Throttle, Lambda, Spark adv, ADV knock.

These last 3 seems to be not su important, are there other things to check and log instead?

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi

Knock PK was the same because the engine was not knocking in your first instance. It appears 116 is just peak background noise. Look for knock on any reading above 145 in your case (probably substantialy above 145). A note for anyone reading this is that sometimes gravel pinging off a sump guard can create enough noise to trigger knock which is why most people switch knock control off if rallying on gravel surfaces.

The parameter Spark adv is should be the map value minus Adv mod (this shows any sprk modifications active) so check and see if the adv mod changed causing spark adv to be different. I would still log throttle as your mainly interested in throttle,rpm, load, knock raw, knock pk, knock rtd and knock fuel. Also Lambda is very useful just in case.

Hope this helps
Ed

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi again,

A few questions again.

At the moment I have an electronic boost controller controlling the boost. But If I want to have the Gems controlling it, what tables/maps should be tuned?

Other thing is that at low revs and on load the car does not pull that good and seems to get stuck a little, would that be because of the afr is too rich?

More questions, all these following tables (Accel TPS table, Decel amount, Accel Amount ) use Accel Trip, but where could I find this figure?

Thanks!

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 am

Hi,

If you started with the calibration that came with the ECU these tables and maps will have already been filled in for you. You need to check if:
Boost Comp Table: The Compensation to the wastgate signal for low or hig battery voltage. 1760 for 6 Volts and 640 for 13, 14 and 15 volts is a good start use the calculate feature to fill in the numbers in between. (select all of the numbers right click and selest calculate.)
Boost limit table: is set to a reasonable maimum boost limit at the various RPM sights.
Wastegate Map: Maps the position of the wastegate at all RPM and load sites. 100% is fully closed.

Turn the option WG Feedback on and set the option WG period to about 58.

Yes it is possible the car is running too rich at low rpm. Check the Lambda Paramter. Check that the fuel map is not too rich or that you fuel modifiers/battery modifiers etc are not too rich and you accel fuel is not too sensitive/rich. Chances are you'll just need to decreasee the fueling on the map.

Accel Trig is the option that changes accel tps sensitivity is this the option you where looking for rather then Accel trip?

Hope this helps
Ed

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello,

Manual says about Accel Trip, but is that different from 2.27 and 2.28?

Also what kind of fuel AFR I should aim before boost and what on boost?
On the idle it is the best to see 14.7, but what when I press the throttle and have no boost, what kind of AFR it should be?

In what units the Boost limit table is? Also what is Boost Target Map?

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:41 am

Hi,

AFR is obviously completly dependent on your engine, it's best to ask you tuner. However we normally see about 0.9 (13.2 AFR) when off boost rising to 0.8 (11.7) when on full boost. The extra fuelling is usually used to cool the combustion slightly. Remember if your using anti-lag you might find you have full boost where you wouldn't normally.

The Boost limit table is in your normal LOAD units. check these by clicking configure, then units.
The boost target map is a map of target boost areas depending on all load and rpm sights.

Hope this helps
Ed

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Hello again,

What does this Boost limit table exactly shows? It shows LOAD at RPM, but how does it affect boost?
How does boost Target map affects boost? It is LOAD at rpm per throttle position?

Regards,
Rain

R!C0
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by R!C0 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Rain,

The boost limit table determines the maximum boost for engine speed. If the amount of boost (LOAD) is exceeded then the wastegate is opened by an amount set by the option Boost Limit WG.

The Boost target map defines the preferred amount of boost for the current engine speed and throttle position. The difference between this value and the current measured boost is called the Boost error. How the wastegate responds in regards to the size of the Boost error, is set by the Boost Error table.

NOTE: For this to happen, the option WG feedback needs to be ON. If it is off then the Boost Target map and the boost error table are not used to affect the wastegate.

HTH Rico

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:01 am

Hi, Thanks for the info!

A few more questions.
What could be the aproximate LOAD for 1.5 bar of boost?
Is the parameter to check WG MSR?

Regards,
Rain

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi.

Are you using a MAF sensor? If your using MAF then the units are in GEMS units. Seeing as your measuring mass the boost pressure is always going to vary slightly as Mass is different from pressure. You can however change your load units to bar and read bar from the map sensor input. You can do this under the units section in the configure tab in GWv4 or GWv3.

WG msr is the final value of the wastegate duty cycle that is sent to the Wastegate after modifications have been applied. Much like fuel total.

Hope this helps
Ed

RainR
User

Post by RainR » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi,

I am using MAF. So I can not use bar or any other units.

But I still do not get the whole deal with so many maps.

I understand that Wastegate map , shows how is the wastegate opened and when.
Boost limit table shows the limit of boost in LOAD and if that is passed, then the WG option is used to open wastegate valve.

But when and why does the ecu use this boost target map? And still do not get the units, if that is in LOAD. Since LOAD is from 0-130 and it has nothing to do with boost, it is more about throttle or airflow in my case with MAF.

Does the ecu use simultaneosly boost target map and wastegate map?

A little confusing the whole deal.

Regards,
Rain