Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

BerndWellmann
New User
USB Drivers

Post by BerndWellmann » Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi.

Need some help please.
My Laptop got stolen and now have new Laptop(Windows 10) and I cannot connect to a LDS4? Windows always tells me it does not recognize USB device. Are there any drivers available for the LDS4?

Thanks
Bernd

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: USB Drivers

Post by RickS » Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 am

That is a shame....
Have you successfully downloaded and reinstalled the (4.00.03) LDS4Editor in your new Laptop from our website.
The drivers should load automatically. Please let me know the serial number of the unit, so that I can be sure that you don't need an older version of the editor. If you can, email me via the 'Contact Us' option in the 'Support' section of the website and I will see if I can locate the appropriate drivers and email them to you to install seperately, although it shouldn't be necessary.

Just so that I am sure, when you try to connect your LDS4 to the new laptop, you mention that Windows does not recognise it but does the Device Manager see it and what status does it show. ('Working Correctly' etc.)
Regards, RickS

BerndWellmann
New User

Post by BerndWellmann » Thu May 04, 2017 11:47 am

Hi Rick

Thanks for the reply.

Did install new(4.00.03) and older(3.96.03) LDS4Editor. Both with no luck. Maybe i need older still?
Serial is: 37156

Windows Device manager says Unknown device - status:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A USB port reset request failed."

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Thu May 04, 2017 12:14 pm

OK... Thanks for the update and I will look into this.

A couple of thing to try is that sometimes, later (and faster) PC's try to connect to the LDS4/5 before the displays are ready. If you have one, can you try and connect through a USB hub. This has helped others in the past.

Contact me through the 'Contact Us' option in the 'Support' section of our website (so I have your eMail address) and I will email an LDS5 driver set for you to try as you are using recent firmware (according to by database records). Apparently, there were some minor USB issues with older versions of firmware, so please try installing the drivers that I will send over and let me know.

BR, RickS

BoHeck
New User

Post by BoHeck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:52 am

Was this issue resolved? I have the exact same problem.

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:26 am

Apologies for the delay.

Could you please give us some further information, so that we can make sure that the Editor that you are using matches the LDS4 build that you have. Needed, will be the Serial Number of the LDS4 and the version of the editor that you are using. You can find the unit S/N on the silver label on the back of the unit and the editor version number under the Help/About button in the editor application.

With this information, we should be able to help get this resolved.

Have you tried using a USB hub as an interface..?