Nissan gti-r gems

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

astarozna
New User
Nissan gti-r gems

Post by astarozna » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:39 am

Hi, does gti-r ecu support Cop(coil on plug) or do i need to use trigger wheel setup for eliminating dizzy?
-Thanks

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Nissan gti-r gems

Post by RickS » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Please can you tell me what version of firmware is installed, or the Serial Number might help.

As far as I can remember, the GTiR was set to run with stock timing components, as the constructions regulations stipulated (this being a homologation requirement).

I believe that the ignition delivery system in this ECU is set, apart from a programmable ignition map and the TPS retard settings for ALS. The ECU has an internal [Tooth Control] table, so is not programmable with an external timing wheel either.

I will have a chat with one of the Directors (to be honest, this ECU is a little before my time!) and post my findings here. It is possible that a later version (I'm looking at a V1.02 calibration) may have more flexibility but I doubt it.

Regards, RickS

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi again,
Just had confirmation Astarozna, that COPs are not possible with this ECU as it was designed for distributed spark only.
You would need an ECU with assignable coil outputs to be able to achieve what you're after... Sorry.

Best regards, RickS

astarozna
New User

Post by astarozna » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi, thanks and nothing to be sorry about. I know it's aincent history, guess aem twin fire ignition module will help me out in that case.

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:43 am

That certainly looks like a solution....
Good luck, RickS