1997 Subaru Impreza Wideband Input

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

StefanW
New User
1997 Subaru Impreza Wideband Input

Post by StefanW » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi there, new to the gems/simtek world of ecus, having up graded from an ESL ecu, so far very impressed how ever a little stuck as i'am unsure what wire is best on the loom to splice into for the wideband input, just being cautious as i don't want to damage the ecu if i splice into the wrong wire etc

Any help would/advice would be very much appreciated

Stefan

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: 1997 Subaru Impreza Wideband Input

Post by RickS » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:48 am

Good morning Stefan and apologies for only getting to this request today...!

To be certain of the Oxygen Input pin, I really need the version number of the firmware that you have installed but if you are using the V2.21 version (a very popular version), then the wire connected to B05 is the Oxygen signal.

However, the ECU was designed for narrow-band sensors (wide-band wasn't readily available..!) and the Oxygen Raw parameter was put in place for monitoring only. This being the case, a x3 multiplier is installed, which would cause any wideband values to be inaccurate.

I have attached a Subaru97 manual that might be of interest and does contain a pin-out in the back.
Best regards, RickS
Attachments
Subaru97-98 User Manual V2 21.pdf
Subaru 97-98
(123.77KiB)Downloaded 692 times

StefanW
New User

Post by StefanW » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:10 am

Firstly thank you for getting back to me as I have had no joy getting any responses from the guys at simtek.co.uk.

I have only purchased the ecu in the last 2wks from simtek, have the software to hand but not at the car so can give you the details from that if it helps simtek tuner - version 4.2.6 build 4334, built on 2015 - 7 - 9 , supported Gin Version GEMs INI File V3.30, Emerald 4 version 0.0.0, wxWidgets Version 2.8.12, Boost Library Version 1.57.0, v8 Library Version 3.16.1.

From reading the manual I understood it had full wideband capabilities etc and there is many options in the software to add it and logging for this, just the wiring I mostly unsure of to be honest.

Can get the firmware version at lunch to help some more

Many thanks again

Stefan

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:29 am

I didn't realise that this was a Simtek unit....
The way that they handle Lambda might be different to our older ECUs.
Their firmware is developed for them and is probably different to the way ours perform.
Simtek have been doing all the recent development on the Subaru/Lancer units and we at GEMS now only support our own, older ECUs.

It might be worth giving the a call if you are getting no joy via email......
Apologies for not being able to offer further assistance.
RickS

StefanW
New User

Post by StefanW » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:51 am

No problem, thanks for getting back to me regardless

Kind Regards

Stefan