Throttle Mod Table

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

Pete
New User
Throttle Mod Table

Post by Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi,

I have an EM20 with GO.26 software and was wondering how the throttle mod table is used. I have not found anything in the documentation that refers to it. The table has a vertical axis of percent.

Is this additional fuel at particular throttle opening or is this scaling the throttle to the ign/fuel map throttle axis?

I appreciate this is a very old ECU and software but would appreciate any info you can provide.

regards
Pete

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Throttle Mod Table

Post by RickS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:37 am

Sorry for the delay in replying but we're in the middle of preparing for the PMW show in Cologne....

Yes, the [Throttle Mod] table. It's generally used for dialing out unwanted transients in throttle response, depending on throttle position (pedal angle). This option is given, as different engine setups and driving conditions might warrant differing responses.

So, you might have a small flat-spot that you can't dial out by adjusting the advance or fueling. Overall, it's just another way to improve throttle response and generally N/A engines might benefit from a slight increase (5-8%) but it really is a trial-and-error thing that might suit one person and not another.

Best regards and I hope that this helps.
RickS