Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

cider101
New User
Splitting log into laps

Post by cider101 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:49 am

Hi all

I'm new to this software

How do I split a log into tracks? So far, i imported my log file and created a track out of it. But I'm not able to split the log data (approx 18min and 10laps) into single laps. I used the right click on the track window to insert a gps beacon (lap) in the track window. But if a click Generate Markers I get an error/warning saying that no laps where calculated.

I assume I need to set a "start/finish" line somewhere an the track to let the log be splitted automatically into laps - right?

I also tried to change the values of the beacon range and time window - with no effects. I assumed those values would be there to give a "fuzzy area" where the start/finish line would be...I also used the help, but couldn't find any explanation of those parameter.

any help would be appreciated

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Splitting log into laps

Post by RickS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:59 am

I have attached a document for setting up tracks which will probably just confirm the actions that you have already taken..!

In 'Help', there is a good description on adding beacon codes to a log to split the data into laps and smaller sectors if need be.. It's called 'Fixing up your Markers....

RickS
PS.. Are you using Data Analysis or Data Analysis Pro as the 'Pro' version allows some maths functions to manipulate the log data further.
Attachments
TrackMapsGPS.doc
Creating Tracks
(132.58KiB)Downloaded 876 times

sirwin71
New User

Post by sirwin71 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:30 am

RickS wrote:I have attached a document for setting up tracks which will probably just confirm the actions that you have already taken..!

In 'Help', there is a good description on adding beacon codes to a log to split the data into laps and smaller sectors if need be.. It's called 'Fixing up your Markers....

RickS
PS.. Are you using Data Analysis or Data Analysis Pro as the 'Pro' version allows some maths functions to manipulate the log data further.

I have this same issue. I am uploading a CSV from Harry's laptimer.

To get laps, I have to enter a beacon at the end of every lap within the GEMs pro software. Plus, it would be better to do by distance rather than time.

Log attached. The CSV is too big to attach.

Thanks!

Scott
Attachments
logtest2.stf
(649.56KiB)Downloaded 689 times

sirwin71
New User

Post by sirwin71 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 am

PS: also my track map is inverted, such that the first turn should be a left, but it is a right. The start/finish should be at the bottom of the map.

Adding another log, as above may have been corrupted.
Attachments
logtest2.stf
(649.56KiB)Downloaded 727 times

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:31 am

There is a 'Rotation' option in the Track Editor (bottom/middle of the panel) or check the units used in the GPS parameters.

Regarding the lap counts, I am assuming that you have no 'beacon' input from a trackside transmitter, which is why you are having to input the beacon. Unfortunately, I cannot analyse why certain laps are having their timing ignored, without the source data. I have not seen this from an .STF file from a GEMS logger.

Rather than attach the CSV file to this post, please try and send it to the 'tech (dot) support' email account. Split it up if you have to but confirm the order of the individual files if you have to do this.

Also, please tell us what is producing this CSV file: is it the logger itself, or a seperate unit. We have not studied the 'Harrys' unit as an individual interface to a GEMS unit, so I might have to punt this upstairs to the Software developers...

BR, RickS