+/- Ignition values

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

da40flyer
User
+/- Ignition values

Post by da40flyer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:30 pm

When adjusting a single cell in my ignition table, I use the +/- keys on my keyboard. It appears the change it makes is defaulted to .35 increments. How can I change that default to be an increment of .5 or even 1? I don't see anything for this under Preferences.

Thanks,
David

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: +/- Ignition values

Post by RickS » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi David......
Yes, I've just had a bit of a play with this and it is adjustable from the 'Properties' panel. In there, there are some user settable options under the 'Control' heading, Small Increment and Large Increment which will accomplish this.

What happens and this appears to be dependent upon which map is being manipulated, is that the cell will be incremented/decremented by the figure set in these two options but only make obvious sense in some maps, if Show Raw Values (values are in Hex) is selected in the Preferences panel. So if you are not viewing the map as Raw Data (Decimal), changing this figure will adjust the cell but not as you would probably expect it to...!

Hope that this is of some help.
Rick

da40flyer
User

Post by da40flyer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Yep, I see it now. Works great... Thanks.

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:27 am

As an epilogue, our developers will be putting something in place in a later release (probably 4.1.44) where 'non-raw' data can be controlled by this method also but apparently it's not so easy, as of course, some conversions from raw data to 'real' data can be put through formulae as in reciprocal scaling (i.e. its real value is calculated as y =m / (x + c)). Now see what you've gone and done....! Watch this space and I'll keep you posted.
Best regards,
RickS