boost map

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

2ltrrabbit
User
boost map

Post by 2ltrrabbit » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 pm

hi, i hope this isn't a silly question.
however the boost map i downloaded with the base start map for a subaru96 v2.28 has really high values 3500mbar.
does this actualy mean it will look for 3.5 bar?
kind regards

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: boost map

Post by RickS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Admittedly, some of the maps appear to be set rather high but the 2.28 'workmap' that I am looking at is set to 2.5bar.

Please remember that the maps we allow for download are for competition and some tuners/calibrators will not want to limit the boost by the table you mention. We hope that downloaded calibrations are checked and used with knowledge of the ramifications that can occur if not utilised properly. It is highly likely, that the map you have was designed for someone else and that someone else has allowed it to be available to folks who visit the forum.

I am not sure which calibration you have downloaded but it feasible that it would have some headroom in the boost table. Thanks for checking though.

BR
RickS

2ltrrabbit
User

Post by 2ltrrabbit » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

hi and thank you.
I downloaded it from your download seciton under base/start maps for subaru 96, HICR_LOBOOST.SUBARU96.cal
this boost map is nowhere near 2.5 bar, ive just checked it again.
where is the workmap you are looking at?
I'm new to this software so wasn't sure if it had some other offset values, ie for atmosphere comp
i wouldn't just plug in and hope for the best hence why I'm here checking things with the top guys in the know how.
thanks for the very useful info
kind regards

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

I can see it in the 'downloadable' list for the V2.28. Please check as there maybe a hic-cup with the site. If it's definately not there send me an email tech(dot)support(at) gems.co.uk and I'll get one to you.
BR
RickS
PS. There is a Baro Correction Table but it's flatlined at 0.0