G2.41 - flatshifting

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

geefin
New User
G2.41 - flatshifting

Post by geefin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Another question for you... what flatshift capability does the G2.41 board have?

I'm looking at using http://www.holinger.com.au/pdfs/hgk-h.pdf in conjunction with a dogbox, however, as it's h-pattern the flat-shift/ignition cut would need to be able to activated only over a certain rpm (to avoid cutting on downshifts).

Wondering if this is possible? :)

Cheers!
Graeme.

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: G2.41 - flatshifting

Post by RickS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Graeme,
There is a switch activated Torque Reduction System in the 2.41 which may suit you. It will require setting up and therefore editing software will be required. It does however, work on 'retard' rather than 'cut'

When SwtRtd_Time is not zero (parameter set in software), then the torque reduction feature is enabled, and the radiator water spray is disabled. The engine torque may be reduced by closing the 'torque reduction', or gear change switch. This switch is from the power steering demand input to ground pin B07. When the switch is closed, SwtRtd_Rtd is increased up to the value of SwtRtd_Max at the SwtRtd_Rtd rate, until the switch is opened or the SwtRtd_Time has expired, then SwtRtd_Rtd is decreased to zero at the SwtRtd_Adv rate. The rate is 4.1 milliseconds and the maximum value of SwtRtd_Time is just over 1 second.

This function is NOT rev dependent , however, it look as if the switch that you're proposing to use is pressure dependent and you should be able to activate it on up-shifts only, or have I mis-understood?!

Regards,
Rick

geefin
New User

Post by geefin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Rick,

Many thanks, the switch being used is pressure dependent, however, I am presuming that on an h-pattern box it can activate in both directions (unlike a sequential) and so could theoretically activate on a downshift too, hence the desire for a rev activated variable that would only kick in the flat-shift over a certain rpm (ie. on the way up)...

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:53 pm

How is the pressure switch activated? Is it by downward motion on the top of the shifter or lateral by pressure on either side (front/back) or just one side?

geefin
New User

Post by geefin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm

I would presume it is the front/back side/side pressure within the stick - previous ones I've had (all be it on a sequential) were simply a strain gauge that would trigger the switch when pulled for the next gear. This one will be the same but working in both directions...

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 am

Sorry Graeme but if that's the case, I think that's all we can offer with that particular ECU.

Who's gearbag are you using? Is there any mileage in using a gear position sensor (if it can be fitted), throttle pedal position sensor and revs with an independent controller?

Regards,
Rick