Evo 7 Rally Set up

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

evorally
New User
Evo 7 Rally Set up

Post by evorally » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 am

Hi, I have a evo 7 running a evo 6 GEMS ecu with one of your base map files. The car runs fine etc, I have one issue, when the car ign is switched on the boost solenoid clicks constantly, even when the engine is running. The car produces 1.5Bar boost. Do I have to change a pin around on the ecu so it is controlled properly on the Evo 7? Shouldnt it only be actived once it has the correct pressure? If i can not solve this can I run a manual boost controller and set it at 1.5bar/

2nd Question
I have anti lag enabled on a switch on my dash board. Currently the throttle butterfly is close, so am not really getting any anti lag. There is no manual throttle butterfly adjustment on the Evo 7/8/9 just a air bleed screw. I have drilled and tapped the throttle body to fit an manual adjustment screw like the evo 4/5/6 on the throttle cable return spring stopper. I can now open the butterfly to my desired anti lag aggression, usually 10-15% open does it for me. How do a set the throttle position sensor? Do I leave it how it is, and the ecu will handle it, or do I need to move the throttle pot to the new angle the butterly is set at, do I estimate where it should be and move it, or can I see this in software? I have your gems ecu software and the basic gems lead with out the dongle. Will this get me into the map?

Thank you for your help.

Sean

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Evo 7 Rally Set up

Post by RickS » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Sean,
Apologies for the delay in replying. Regarding your two queries..........

i) Without viewing the actual map that you're using, I'm making some assumption here (all without a safety net!). The map is a closed loop map and the solenoid noise that you're hearing is normal and a preference for some who like the reassurance that it's working on 'start-up'. It should stop at a certain rev limit (WG_NSR off the top of my head) usually approx 1500.

ii) Current opinion is that the 'jacked' throttle position should be left as-is, as resetting the new position to zero and the 'jack' subsequently removed, the TPS will register a 'less-than-zero' value and errors will result.

Hope that this helps but email tech.support(at)gems.co.uk your map and any other info should you require further assistance.

Regards,
RickS

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Evo 7 Rally Set up

Post by RickS » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:52 am

Missed the third point....
Unfortunately, you will require a dongle as well as the software and cable, to access the ECU.

Regards,
RickS