GDA, changing default settings.

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

CMW
Frequent User
GDA, changing default settings.

Post by CMW » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:17 pm

How can I make GDA Pro open up channel lists that always just show figures to say 2 decimal places, it always opens showing things to six or seven decimal places, which for most stuff is far too much. Is there a setting to give a default of say 2 decimal places? Thanks.

CMW
Frequent User

Re: GDA, changing default settings.

Post by CMW » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:44 am

Any tips on this, I just want all channels to default to values of less than 6 or 7 decimal places, say 1 or 2 places max, and if more places needed I can add them on a specific individual channel basis. Thanks.

R!C0
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by R!C0 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:49 am

GDA automatically decides how many decimal places to show based on the precision of the data. I agree that this is often not required. There is currently no default option for this, but I have submitted a request to our GDA designer, so this should be improved for future versions.

To keep up to date with GDA versions, go to this thread and subcribe (bottom left):
http://www.gems.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=375

you should then receive an email when there is a new version released. There should be a new version later today!

Best Regards

CMW
Frequent User

Post by CMW » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks r!co, subscribed for future updates and downloading updated software now. Appreciated.