Subaru 97 v2.21

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

CEM
New User
Subaru 97 v2.21

Post by CEM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 pm

I have GEMS 97 v2.21 ecu on my rally car. Can you please enlighten me about the ALS system on current ECU. We've looked at the ALS setting and we were not comfotable to do any settings, because there were not many options on the current ECU. I want to activate ALS earlier, for to do that what correction should I need to do on the map? Currently on the settings (ALS arm 1.660 and ALS release 0.133)

Best Regards,
Cem

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Subaru 97 v2.21

Post by RickS » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Hello,

First bring up the parameters ALS on/off.

Play around with the ALS options until ALS turns ON so you can undersatnd which options turn on and off the ALS and why (there is a description of these options in the manual for your ECU in the downloads section of the website).

When ALS is ON it activates the Fuel limit, Spark limit and TPS retard maps. The fuel and and spark limit maps help hold the rpm back when off throttle so it doesn't race away. Almost everyone just uses the fuel limt map and leave the spark limit map at 0 everywhere.

The TPS retard helps you build the required boost you need, the more retard the more boost you get (up to a point) don't be suprised to end up with values of -45 in here.

ALWAYS watch EGT's, coolant temps and air temps when tuning ALS. If they get too hot turn als off quickly.

Hope this helps
Ed