Citroen Saxo 1.1

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

Andoo
New User
Citroen Saxo 1.1

Post by Andoo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi guys, I need a little help.

I trawled the net and you came up so I thought I'd ask....

Wifes 2001 Saxo 1.1 desire (I have the desire to kick it hard ) developed a fault the other day.

I only jacked it up to change the rear axle and replace the brake pipes. Nothing else was touched. However, the battery went flat due to leaving the boot open. I jumped it from a standalone battery.

Anyway, the problem is strange in that it starts hot or cold, runs beautifully until you press the accelerator slightly and it sounds muffled as if the sparks are in the 1st cat ?!?!

Anyway, I connected my brand new Snap On Solus Pro (£2400 worth of kit) and read the out put. No faults found!

I disconnected the maf and cleaned it, then the stepper motor to clean it too. They weren't particularly dirty, although there was a bit of oil on the maf.

I ran a test and the Solus found 3 codes, 2 pertaining to the disconnected parts and one at lambda one.

I put it back together and it was still the same (cleared the generated codes and they didn't come back since everything was connected).

It's still the same. So I did a driving test with the Solus and found when the engine sounds strangled the ignition was retarding to exactly -36 degree's each time. Upon full acceleration, everything behaved as normal (I didn't make a note of the values since I was driving it was difficult).

So, what could have gone wrong in the time the car was suspended in the air awaiting an axle and brake pipes?

I am thinking fuel starvation at the press of the pedal, so today I will change the filter (even though it is pretty fresh from last service....car has FSH and is at 82k miles).

Anyway, like I said, the Solus checked everything and I did actuator tests, injector tests, fuel pump test, etc.

It's the fact there are no codes that I am stumped. It accelerates after stamping on the pedal and wait a second, then it's up to double figures and even reached triple figures at one point (I was testing the fuel flow, honest officer!!!).

Any light to be shed on the problem?

Thanks in advance for my retarding Saxo.......

Andoo
New User

Re: Citroen Saxo 1.1

Post by Andoo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Ahh...just realised, this is for those of us with less than 400% brain power...lol.

I will re-post this elsewhere ;-)

Doh!

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Citroen Saxo 1.1

Post by RickS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Hello,

The Knock sensor, the ait sensor, and the coolant temp sensor all have the power to introduce a spark retard into the system so i would check there, However all of these sensors usually produce other side effects like running rich etc.

If you can get to a scrappy get some timing sensors for cheap and shove them on just to check.

Hope this helps
Ed