dccd parking problem

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

martino
New User
dccd parking problem

Post by martino » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi, I have installed successfully the cdc pwm (with the last software GWv4) and works good, but I have problem when I'm parking my car.
The problem is non mechanical because if I disconnect the dccd cable the problem disappear.
When I move my car in parking and I brake, the dccd goes on lock mode also if the map doesn't want.

there are zeros in the bottom 3x3 square of the tarmac map (as you can see in the pics below)

this is the options list

Can you help me?
Best regards,
Martin

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: dccd parking problem

Post by RickS » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Dear Martin and other CDC PWM users,

When the CDC PWM is referenced against engine speed rather then wheelspeed it cannot detect when the car is required to park. Unfortunatly the highest you can set crank exit speed is 100 rpm, This hopefully should be changed soon as it was specced by our original customer.

Apart from referencing the CDC PWM to vehicle speed rather then RPM there is 1 other way of getting around the problem:

Set the option SWT 0 duty to 0% and either turn the switch to this position when parking or wire the reverse switch or the stage/road mode switch so that it bypasses the CDC PWM mode switch. details of how the switch should be wired are in the manual downloadable from the downloads section.

Hope this helps
Ed