EM36 output testing

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

markcbz
New User
EM36 output testing

Post by markcbz » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Good afternoon,

from the instruction manual I can see this great unit can send output codes to test connected items, i.e injectors or solenoids etc, but dont really understand how or where to put the GEMSCOM codes in to send the signals, can anyone provide an quick over view to help me along ?

regards

Mark

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: EM36 output testing

Post by RickS » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello,

Re you refering to the 'testing' section of the manual? which version of EM36 are you running?

Thanks
Ed

markcbz
New User

Post by markcbz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 am

Hi Ed,

My EM36 is on the latest software version, it was with you for a drive by wire upgrade last year and has had firmware changes for launch control by richard, Ive rear the testing section but to be honoust dont really understand the instructions about output testing, can you shed any light as a basic instruction?

everything else on the ECU is very user friendly ! !

Regards

Mark knight

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:16 am

Dear Mark,

Ah yes i remember it, good to hear from you again. The testing section really shouldn'tbe in the manual as it is a last resort and should only be used by us. It allows us to pulse any output, Such as injectors at a 50% duty cycle (i.e. Half of the time it's on and half of the time it's off) so that we can check it's working with an oscillascope or multimeter with duty cycle on it.

Do you require testing the outputs? Thankyou for you positive coments on the EM36.

Ed