Compatibility consenr

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

Josemaria Roa
New User
Compatibility consenr

Post by Josemaria Roa » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:37 am

I have an Evolution TME with Gems EMS , I know that GEMS have an spectacular product and maeby all the big tuners that tune up EVOs use GEMS , but Im more familiar with AEM , in fact I call AEM asking for a EMS for the EVO TME and they give me the phone of GEMS ,and the told me the the EMS are very quite the same thing. Well basicaly I figured out that with the GEMS software I can open the AEM Cal files and with the AEM Software I can open the Gems cal files too. So I need to know if I can use the GEMS EMS with the AEM Software?. Or can I use a Cal file from the AEM like a base map for my Gems?-

JonMan
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Compatibility consenr

Post by JonMan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:52 am

The AEMPro software and GEMS GWv3 software are functionally similar so if you have used AEMPro, you should feel comfortable with GWv3. However, AEMPro will only connect to AEM ECUs; it will not connect to any GEMS ECUs including our EVO ECUs. Consequently, in order to map any GEMS ECUs, you need GWv3 and a GWv3 dongle which unlocks the software for on line communications.

Regarding the ECU, The EVO TME is basically an EVO6 which AEM don't support with their plug and play ECUs. Our Lancer 6 ECU would be suitable. This ECU is a completely different product from the AEM ECU and consequently an AEM calibration will not meaningfully convert to a Lancer calibration. However, we do supply our ECUs with a base calibration suitable for starting the engine so this would be a good starting point for mapping.

I hope this answers your questions.