Access Violation-message

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

jimarea51
User
Access Violation-message

Post by jimarea51 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi there,

I'm receiving the following message when connected to a Subaru Implant (MY2002-ecu no 25965) runing the following Gin file:-
SubaruUK2 2.66

message:- Access violation at address 006F45B9 in module GWV3exe read of address 000000004
Type EAccess violation

I can connect to the ECU, I can view and make alterations to the Fuel map, but i can't veiw any other maps or tables without the above message being displayed, I have downloaded a S2.66 CAl file from the download section and even when I'm not connected to the ECU the same message is displayed when i try to veiw any maps/tables other than the fuel map...

I've checked that I can still open all my other saved Cal's, and even connected to a couple of other ECU's (Runing different Gin files) and there seems to be no problem, I have tried to connect using a spare dongle and lead, but the same message is displayed...

The problem seems to only affect SubaruUK2 2.66 Gin file extensions...

Any help or surggestions would be a great help...

Kind regards

Jimarea51

Pete B
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Access Violation-message

Post by Pete B » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:28 am

Hi there

I can confirm this happens in GWv3.
It doesn't occur if you use GWv4 - are you able to use this instead?

Best Regards
Pete Bannister

jimarea51
User

Post by jimarea51 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I assume that if i install GWv4 that I'll still be able to communicate with all my previous cal files and ECU's??
Also I assume that my existing dongle and lead will still work with the newer software??

So can you confirm that the access violation message only occures when trying to access SubaruUK2 v.2.66 gin/cal files??

Would it be possible to have both GWv3 and GWv4 on the same laptop/hard-drive, also is GWv4 fully backward compatable with my existing ECU's??

Thanks in advance

JImarea51

Pete B
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by Pete B » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 am

jimarea51 wrote: I assume that if i install GWv4 that I'll still be able to communicate with all my previous cal files and ECU's??
You should be able to (it is designed to do so).
jimarea51 wrote: Also I assume that my existing dongle and lead will still work with the newer software??
Yes it will - the upgrade is free of charge.
jimarea51 wrote: So can you confirm that the access violation message only occures when trying to access SubaruUK2 v.2.66 gin/cal files??
I can confirm that it happens with S2.66 gin files in v3. I haven't tested every GIN file we have for this problem - there are a lot of them! Its the first time I've seen this bug so it is quite possible it is only on this version. I couldn't tell you at current if it is only s2.66 that is affected.
jimarea51 wrote: Would it be possible to have both GWv3 and GWv4 on the same laptop/hard-drive, also is GWv4 fully backward compatable with my existing ECU's??
It should be fine to have GWv3 and GWv4 installed side-by-side. The settings are entirely separated in GWv4 and dll's are installed locally to the application to avoid conflicts.
It is designed to be backwards compatible with existing ECU's. If you discover any compatibility issues then please tell us and we'll fix it.

I've tested GWv4 with SubaruUK2S2.66 here and can connect to it fine on the bench.

Best Regards
Pete

jimarea51
User

Post by jimarea51 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 am

Pete...

Many thanks for your help and guidance, I've downloaded and installed GWv4, all seem Ok, I can now communicate with the 2.66 ECU that was the problem before....

GWv4 is very nice looking and simple to use, I'm sure we'll get along just fine...

Kind regards

JImarea51