how do you reset a gems ecu

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

SCOOB
New User
how do you reset a gems ecu

Post by SCOOB » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:40 pm

hi, ive just got a gems plug and play 4 pin ecu for my impreza classic wrx. i need to use it before i get it mapped but need to reset it as i am unsure what it is mapped to.

any help will be great, thanks

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: how do you reset a gems ecu

Post by RickS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi,

By Reset i pressume you mean reset to the original base maps? The ECU does not store the original maps it is up to the the mapper to save a copy as we would have to double the memory size in order to do that. You can however upload a base calibration to it. You will need a comunications lead for your ECU which we make and sell for £25. In the downloads section of this website there is a piece of software called the "Calibration Upload Tool" which allows anyone to upload a calibration to the ECU for free. it does not allow live changes though, you need the GWv4 software and a dongle to do that which costs £240. Base calibrations to upload can be downloaded from the downloads section of the website as well but make sure you get the correct model of ECU and the correct version number, These should be on stickers inside the ECU. Also most of the Base maps are designed for motorsport use if you absolutly have to use it on a road car then i would not suggest activating anti-lag or launch control at all. If you find out the version number and the model number or the serial number we might have a road going map that is suitable.

Thanks
Ed