GWv4

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

Pete
New User
GWv4

Post by Pete » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:43 am

I have just started to use GWv4. When I am viewing the 3d fuel map , can you tell me how to rotate and tilt the image to view from different perspective. Using GW3 I select rotate and use the mouse.

regards
Peter

R!C0
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GWv4

Post by R!C0 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:02 pm

To rotate the 3D map: Hold down the Ctrl key, then click and drag with the mouse, or use the arrow keys.

To translate the map (move up, down, left, right): Hold down the Alt key, then click and drag the mouse, or use the arrow keys.

For both of the above, if you also hold down the shift key this will move in larger increments.

To zoom in/out: Use the mouse wheel, or Z and X keys.

For these details and more, go to Help > Help or press F1 to bring up the manual. All this is covered plus much more!

Rico.

bomber1973
New User

Post by bomber1973 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:17 pm

In GWv4 with the EM36 how do you view the ignition map with rpm vs throttle angle instead of load (kPa)? This seems easy with the fuel map as there is a FuelThrottle group defined but this doesn't seem to be the case with the ignition map?

thanks
ian

RichA
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RichA » Fri May 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Ian

Load can be either Manifold Absolute Pressure (Boost), Mass Air Flow, or Throttle

In GWv4 you can not easily set units to %, yet, so stand by for 0.5.
However Load = Throttle if MAP and MAF = Off, Load_Scalar = 1, Load_Offset = 0 for 0-100kPa (%) like GWv3

Because of the Boost_Correct mode where Fuel_MAP_Throttle = On then there is duplicate Fuel map, Fuel_Throttle map with Throttle as load, since spark is still controlled by pressure.

In GWv4 I like the pen , "Alt" key and left mouse button in tables.

Rich A.