How to configure distance with DA1 logger

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

jeanmi30
User
How to configure distance with DA1 logger

Post by jeanmi30 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 pm

I try without succes to get distance in Dlog99 data at the top right windows with files from DA1 logger. I have try to set an integer in the setup but nothings apear, only time without distance. The only way for the moment seems to be by math channel. Is there a solution for this ?
Thanks to your help
Regards

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: How to configure distance with DA1 logger

Post by RickS » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

If you intergrate speed the maths channel should display as normal data so you do not need to log anything else freeing up log space.

Hope this helps
Ed

jeanmi30
User

Post by jeanmi30 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:19 am

Hi,
Sorry if my question was may be not clear, I know how to make with math channel but what I'm looking for, is the distance just under the time at the top right of the Dlog 99 Windows. Here the distance never appear, just the time is shown. So, for example, I couldn't plot against distance... So if you can give me some help...

Thanks again

Regards

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am

Hi

Ah i see ok, Yes you can plot against distance so that it appears in the top right of the screen under time. Construct the maths channel and name it Distance (It's very mportant you call it Distance as DLOGG regognises this). Then select maths and Re-calculate. Now select Graphs, Plot Type and distance.

Hope this helps
Ed

Kurt
New User

Post by Kurt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:56 am

I got it to work with "Integrate Vehicle Speed" but the value isn't very meaningful. It'll convert to miles if you include "/3600" after vehicle speed in the math function, but then the "Show lap time/distance difference" function in the Lap Plot Type will give a error message "Floating Point division by zero". Not sure if this is a glitch or some limitation. Not big deal really, but kinda annoying.

JonMan
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by JonMan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am

Have you got a beacon connected? The lap plot mode only works if beacons have been recorded that define the lap time and there is at least one complete lap.

If you do not have any laps, you can simulate some by inserting several custom markers. To do this, select an appropriate point on the graph and press Ctrl C. Do this several times at similar intervals (say 2 minutes) and then you should see the laps in the lap time window.

I'll look into why there is a divide by zero on the time/distance difference - it shouldn't do this and works fine with my test files even if there is no distance channel present.

Kurt
New User

Post by Kurt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 pm

No beacon yet, but plan to add in the future. Just using custom markers. I think the problem is due to me having to use a math channel, rather than a directly logged one. Just my suspicion though. The data is still useful for comparing laps, it's just that the numbers don't really mean much until I divide by 3600. The value is seeing where I'm faster, which the software does very well! :)