Subaru typR ecu TPS and boostproblem

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

dsmotorsport
User
Subaru typR ecu TPS and boostproblem

Post by dsmotorsport » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:12 am

Hy i ve taken the typ r in a 2002 sti and tps works slowly i can change the parameters from tps min tps max i ve check them with the TPS raw function and make the tps to Load table map but the tps need 6-10 sec from 5000 rpm to 1000 rpm and i get only the full boost after 6000 rpm. Is that normal?
Thanks
dsmotorsport

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Re: Subaru typR ecu TPS and boostproblem

Post by RickS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:30 pm

HI,

Sorry i need a little clarification, do you mean the TPS signal takes a long time to respond compared to pedal movement?

I pressume you have tried changing your Boost target map and Wastegate map?

Thanks
Ed

dsmotorsport
User

Post by dsmotorsport » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Hy edH yes a change the 2 maps when i put the pedal in, the enige moves very fast to high rpm but when a take my leg away from the pedal it needs a longtime to fall down to 1000 rpm

RickS
GEMS Engineer
GEMS Engineer

Post by RickS » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi,

Check the idle motor postion using the option idle speed table tou will be able to see the position of the idle motor. also try switching the option Idle FB invert between on and off, check your idle max speed is below 2000 as well as it sounds like your idle motor is remaining open. if you look at the Lambda parameter you should be able to see a particularly weak mixture.

Check your WG max time as well as the ohysical position of the wastegate when aiming for max boost. also look for leaks in the system if all this is still ok we need to have a log of the boost figures you are archieving as well as your cal.

Thanks
Ed