Gems Lancer Evo 3

Post here if you have an issue with a GEMS Product

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

Tiago Almeida
New User
Gems Lancer Evo 3

Post by Tiago Almeida » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi

I am new at Gems issues, so I am here to ask for some help, maybe I will do some silly questions. Also I am from Portugal so my technical English is not perfect.
I bought an Evo 3 in England a few months ago, it was the former car of Al-Wahaibi and then is Co Driver Terry Harryman.
This car came with a Gems Ecu that was mounted lately in this car, it is mapped to GR N specs, I am now totally rebuilding the car into full gr A Spec, and in what respects to the Ecu I don´t know what I can do, so my questions are:
- How can I know the version of the ECU, this is a Plug n Play ECU, how or where can I see the version of it?
- What are the capabilities of the ECU, Launch Control, Type of ALS (because the one it has is very weak) is it possible to have a full power ALS and other details according to a Gr A car in all Gems ECUS?
- I only have the ECU what and how should I do to be abble to Map the car myself, what type of cable should I use and where can I get it, which steps to follow to install and start using the Gems Mapping.

If it will be possible to provide me some maps to the E3 I would be most apreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards

Tiago

R!C0
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gems Lancer Evo 3

Post by R!C0 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi Tiago,
- How can I know the version of the ECU, this is a Plug n Play ECU, how or where can I see the version of it?
If you remove the connectors then you can remove the ECU from the case, using a couple of screwdrivers to help release it from the clips. The version should be on a sticker somewhere on the ECU. The ECU will then clip back into the case
What are the capabilities of the ECU, Launch Control, Type of ALS (because the one it has is very weak) is it possible to have a full power ALS and other details according to a Gr A car in all Gems ECUS?
The lancer 3 ECU does not have Launch control, but does have anti-lag which uses throttle retard and fuel and spark limiters.
I only have the ECU what and how should I do to be abble to Map the car myself, what type of cable should I use and where can I get it, which steps to follow to install and start using the Gems Mapping.
To map the ECU your self you will need to buy our software and a comms lead which is £265. To make an order for this, please email your details to sales @ gems.co.uk . The manual for our calibration software (GWv3) can be found in the downloads section of the website, this should help with learning the software. We also provide free telephone and email support for all customers.

Regards

Rico

Tiago Almeida
New User

Post by Tiago Almeida » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi Rico

Thank you very much for your answer.

I open the box and I see here what might be the version, it says G2.41. Is it this?
If so can you tell me if this a good ECU, if it is very old or not and if it has all the options I need to Map the Gr A Engine.
If I buy the software and cable how much time will it takes until it gets here?
Do you know any good map you can provide me?

Best regards

Tiago

R!C0
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by R!C0 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:17 pm

G2.41 is the lastest version of the Evo 3 ECU that we made.

Yes it is a very good ECU ! ;) It is fully configurable with plently of tables and maps for precise tuning and should be very suitable for most needs, as are all our ecus.

How long it would take to get to you depends on the delivery service you want; tnt express would take 1-2 days, while standard air mail can take many days, but obviuosly tnt is much more expensive.

See attached map for grp A.

Best Regards

Rico
Attachments
gpa-03pm.LANCER7 .G2.41.cal
(8.38KiB)Downloaded 829 times

Tiago Almeida
New User

Post by Tiago Almeida » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:37 pm

Hello Rico

Excellent, I am really happy... I didn´t thinkit would be so good.

I will take care of order the parts I need to Map it then, and thank you very very much for the Gr A Map, I will keep you in touch as soon as I start to MAp the car.

Sincere Regards

Tiago