Immobillisor options and Thatcham

Use this forum to discuss all things GEMS.

Moderators:R!C0, JonMan, RickS

disco-tom
New User
Immobillisor options and Thatcham

Post by disco-tom » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:50 pm

Hello,

I joined the forum in an effort to search around for info pertaining to my query and I haven't found any, so thought I'd post it here.

Have your ECU's got any immobillisor abillities that could be linked in to central locking and/or alarm systems?

Currently, I have a Nissan 200SX (SR20DET with NVCS) using a H-Dev remapped oem ECU and oem NATSII system that I am thinking about changing for ease of remapping. The very local tuner I have my car with at the moment (Ajec Racing) mentioned wanting to try out one of your ECU's. Now obviously if I swap out the OEM stuff I will lose the NATSII immobillisor capabilities and I'm currently trying to find out if the alarm and central locking will still work.

Also, have you thought about or looked into the possibility of obtaining Thatcham approval if there is any immobillisor abilities? Given your plug and play Evo boards, perhaps it might be something owners of said cars might also like it as an option if they are keeping their cars road based such as I.

R!C0
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Immobillisor options and Thatcham

Post by R!C0 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:04 am

Hi,

Our ECUs have no specific immobilisers abilities, but given there configurable nature they can be made to work with them, either through CAN or straight wiring. They can also with a bit of clever tuning made to only start in certain ways i.e. brake and clutch down.

I would say your best option however would be an ECU through our technical partner AEM who make a specific plug and play ECU for the 200SX: http://www.aemelectronics.com/ems-w-uego-for-nissan-200sx-se-r-2-0l-1997-1998-589

This ECU will have been designed with these issues in mind and should cope with all the in car systems.

HTH

Rico

disco-tom
New User

Re: Immobillisor options and Thatcham

Post by disco-tom » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks for the reply, Rico. Coinidently, I have just found the AEM plug and play EMS a few minutes ago before coming back here to see if I have had a reply. The one you have pointed out is the wrong one for me, though. I have a Euro market 200SX, which is a completely different car and engine to the Us market 200SX. This is the one for my car.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/ems-for-1 ... 0-swap-564

Although, NATSII is a European only system as far as I know, so it wouldn't be on the cars that that particular plug and play EMS has been developed for. I'll join their forum and ask there as well.

Thanks for your help.